Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fiesta Days!!

That's right!! Here in good ole' SF they celebrate Fiesta Days with a weeks worth of rodeo, booths, carnival and end it with fire works for the 24th of July!! (that's pioneer day for those of you who don't live in Utah!!) Mike and I started the fun filled week with seeing the new Batman movie!! We liked it!! We thought Joker was awesome!! Then on Tuesday we went to the rodeo!!! You heard it right!! I took my city boy to the rodeo!! He let me wear my cowgirl boots even!! He LOVED the rodeo!! Next time you see him and want to see him get really excited ask him about going to the rodeo!!:) We had a good time!! We went to the carnival and ate a Navajo taco and watched some neighbor boys go on rides!! They think the world of Mike!! My parents came down from Logan to help with our tile. We watched the fire works with my parents in our backyard!! They were pretty dang good!! Especially the finale!! Then we went to the opening night of Step Brothers at midnight!! Then we did more tile and more tile!! It was an eventful week!!!

Mike and his friend Miley!! She has on a George Straight shirt, her pink hat and matching pink boots and a cute belt buckle!!!! She was pretty excited about the rodeo!!! The mut'n'bust was fun to watch too!! The little kids hang on to the neck of a lamb for dear life while they run around!! Miley will do it when she is 6!!

Mike at the rodeo!! He's a babe!!

I don't know what this is called but the cowboy goes after a cow, ropes it, jumps off his horse goes and ties the cows legs together then gets back on his horse and they give the cow 6 seconds to get loose, if they get loose then they are disqualified!! It was amazing how fast this all happened and how smart the horses were!!

If you look close there is a motorcycle jumping over the length of the trailer and truck!! It was so neat to watch!!

This is the bull ride!!! They are some mean bulls too!!! Those cowboys are CRAZY!!!

Fireworks!! Another thing about the rodeo is how they are truly and so deeply grateful to live in this free country and for all those who have made it free. I get chills and tears in my eyes when I see fireworks and hear the music!! I too am grateful to have the freedoms we have and Love living here!! I am grateful for the armed forces and for all they give for our country!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Rodeos are so much fun! I'm glad you had a good weekend!