- Tens of thousands are still missing.
- More than 25,000 people are still buried in the rubble.
- Major phone lines and roads are cut off.
- Millions of homes have been destroyed leaving residents, of whom are still alive, with severe shortage of water, shelter, food, and fuel.
- Thousands of people are still trapped under the rubble and rescuers are using their bare hands to search for survivors.
- Rescue efforts are hampered by rains and road blocks due to fallen boulders and landslides.
- A middle school in Qingchuan County collapsed and many students have been reported dead while close to 1,000 students are still reported buried.
- Death toll tops 70,000.
Kathleen said that she could see the tall buildings swaying from her apartment. It was very scary. Liam said that when he dies he doesn't want to live with Jesus, he wants to live with his mom. So cute, but sad to think that death crossed the mind of such a young boy. They are doing fine but still recovering from the scare.
Jeff was traveling when it happened. He was on, I believe it was the 17th floor of a like a 68 story building. It started to move and pictures were flying off the walls and everything going all over the place. He ran down the 17 flights of stairs (running during an earthquake is very very difficult and dangerous because you never know where the ground is going to be once your ready to put another foot down, and many people break legs and bones while trying to run during one) and got to a safe place. He is fine as well and made it back home to his family.
All of China is in mourning and many shops and schools are closed. It will take a while for China and it's people to get back on their feet. Keep them in your prayers. Thank you all for your concern!!