Friday, October 5, 2007

Make life easier

Well, I decided to write a list of things that can make everyone's life easier!!! I wish I had know these before now!!!
#1-Get a safe deposit box at a bank!!! They are only like $25 a year. And make sure you use this box!! You are paying for it!! I recommend putting items such as...birth certificates, social security cards, marriage certificate, copies of these and other important documents, and last but not least.....PASSPORTS!!!! Mike and I have been searching for his passport for the past 2 months and finally decided it's long gone!! It is going to cost us $375 to get a new one in time to leave!!! So get a box!!!
#2-Get a filing system!!!! And use it!!! Keep items like warranties- especially the ones you purchase- and extended warranties- for things like cameras!! So if anything happens they can't say you don't have a warranty so you're sol!! If you have a filing system you can whip it out and say IN YOUR FACE!!! Same with all your insurance info/payments/bills/etc.
#3-Don't try to replace chili powder with crushed rep peppers!!! It doesn't work and you won't be able to breath while whatever you are cooking is cooking!! And you will NOT be able to eat it no matter how much you like hot things- it will be unbearable!!! If you do try this... throw it away and start over!!
#4-Don't dig in a dumpster!!! Especially for a reciept- even if it will save you $40! It is NOT worth it at all!!! You will end up having to throw all the clothes and shoes you are wearing away and I'm sure that will be more than $40 so it's not worth it-believe me!!!
#5-If you don't know how to fix it take it to someone who does!!! Especially if it is a motorcycle!! Trust me- you will only make it worse!!!
That is all I have to say for now!! I will share anymore lessons I learn to spare all of you the embarassment and save you some time and money!!! And also make you life easier!!

4 comments:

The Eskelsens said...

learning the hard way, eh? hahaha

Deb said...

Someone once said if you will laugh about it later, why not laugh now! Thank you for sharing your new found wisdom.

Melissa said...

That made me laugh soo hard! I didn't know about the crushed red pepper...thanks! Like mom said, you'll look back on this sometime and laugh.

Cal and Whit said...

Nice advice! It sure was good to see you guys on Sunday! Thanks for the great advice on how to make life easier!