Monday, October 15, 2007

Car Accident

Tyler and I were on our way to Salt Lake to take Tyler home!! He missed his toys and books and bed and family!!! We didn't get even as far as the freeway and some lady hit us!!! Tyler was very shaken up and unhappy that my car was broke!!!

The lady who hit us was turning left and didn't see us coming. She hit us pretty hard on the front side here on my car. That sent us spinning a little and then....

She hit the back side of my car. That sent us soaring up and over the curb and into some bushes.

These were some sharp bushes. They scraped the paint off the other side of my car!! It was very scary!! Melissa ended up coming to Provo to get Tyler and take me home.
The lady who hit me was young and had five children. They were not taken care of and were dirty. I learned something from Tyler that day. When we were filling out paper work for the police Tyler went and played with the other kids. He couldn't see that they didn't match and their hair wasn't done and they were dirty. All he saw was that they were nice kids and they were friends!! I need to be more like that and see past physical appearances.

4 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

WOW. I am glad that you both were OK. That is scary! Also, what great insight you have to notice how Tyler was acting to those little kids. What a great story.

Melissa said...

Tyler: "T's car broke. T got owee. I love T"
Me: Holy Cow! I'm glad you're both okay, too! I'm sorry you got in an accident while doing something kind for me! IT's amazing the things we can learn from little kids!

Deb said...

It is nice that after you rescued Melissa (taking Tyler while Dylan was in the hospital) she could rescue you. That's what sisters are for.


Little children can show us how we should treat others.

Unknown said...

Do you have your car back yet?