Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday 26th

That morning I got up before Mike and his sunburn itched all night so I went to get some medicine for his back and also some food for FHE that we were having that night. I went to town to the pharmacy and then dorked around...got a basket-purse, got some icecream, went into some stores, went to the market, then headed back to the hotel. Mike stopped me in a taxi looking for medicine!! After we put the medicine on Mike's back we got ready and went to Mele falls! We hiked up to the top and then swam in every pool!! It was a gorgeous day and so much fun!!!

Mike and I in front of a beautiful waterfall!! We has so much fun that day!! Everything around us was so beautiful!!

More waterfalls!!!

Me eating a papaya (popo)- it was so sweet and yummy and only 50 cents!!!

Mike swimming in the falls!! The water was so warm!!

Yes, those are my beloved black 6 year old flip flops. They broke. I cried, then bought some new flip flops that gave me blisters.
We ate lunch at Cheng Tim's-it was as good as we remember!! That night Mike organized a kind of missionary reunion/FHE. There were quite a few return missionaries that came. The first missionary from Vanuatu was there and told some stories! It was really neat! And fun to see everyone!!

The group of return missionaries that came!! And their families!!

Some of my companions I served with. Antolyn (Taribala) and her boy, Madeline (Tari-Lua), Me, and Rachel (Susurup)

1 comment:

Deb said...

This makes me miss Vanuatu and the people we met for such a short time.