Sunday, September 23, 2007

The latest 411

So, this isn't a fun post at all...but just to let everyone in on what's new.
#1.Temple Workers...Mike and I were set apart as temple workers!! We will be working at the temple every friday night from 5:30-10:30pm (that's longer than any of my work days!!!!) When we went into the temple we just sat down with the temple president and just chatted for a while and then he said- I like you two..when do you want to work!! It was a neat experience to get set apart and be given those blessings!! We are so excited!!
#2.Mike...he is in another semester of school at BYU, and he actually likes his teachers this semester!!! He's still working at the bank and enjoys it most of the time!! He still loves sports more than ever and is so happy that football season is on again!! We have been to going to the BYU games- those are always fun!! Mike is the Elders quorum secretary and that keeps him extremely busy!! He is such an awesome husband and I give him props for putting up with me!!! I love him so much!!
#3.ME...I am in transition right now!! I have been driving to AF which is like 30-40 min plus depending on traffic. So, this last week was my last week at Salon Vox and I put my two weeks in at the flower shop (finally)!!! I start another salon job on wed. at Pure Bliss Salon in Springville (like 6 min away from my house)!!! YAY!!!! I had an interview at BYU/MTC doing hair their but I'm still waiting to hear back from them! And I have an interview to be a student instructor at a hair school!! I'd really like that job but I'll take what I can get!! So I'm pretty much lazy and a slacker right now!!
#4.New aunt and uncle...I also became a new aunt-again!! Mike's sister had her baby today!! Joel Benjamin Humphries. He was 6lbs. 7 oz. and was 19 inches long. He has quite a bit of dark hair. He's pretty cute!! It brought back a lot of feelings and emotions for me...had I not miscarried the first time I would be having a baby in the next week. I am still trying to find the blessing in that trial!! I'm very happy for her and so glad that he is a healthy baby and they are both doing very well!!
So that's our lives in a nut shell!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

YAY! I'm so glad that you're finding jobs closer to you and that you're happy! As for the blessings you talked about...you may not find out until after this life.

Deb said...

You and Mike are a great aunt and uncle to your nephews and a blessing in their lives. Little Joel is lucky to have you.