Sunday, March 29, 2009

Baby Dallas' Room

I have taken a while to get these pics up but I wanted the crib to be done before I did!! We got the crib from Shelley (my boss) for free and it had a dark stain on it. So, Mike and I spent many many hours sanding it down and getting it ready to paint. I didn't want to use a paint brush because I didn't want to see the marks from it. We were going to pay an insane amount to get paint in aerosol cans and then I remembered my dad has a sprayer!!!!
We took the crib to Logan this past weekend and used my dad's spray gun!! It was so nice!!! Thanks for all your help dad!! You're amazing!! Mike had a good time painting it and it turned out so so great!! I love it!!
We could have bought a new one but it's the feeling of accomplishment and knowing we saved so much money that brings me satisfaction and more appreciation for it!!
Here is the finished product. And isn't my bedding SO cute!! I can't take any credit for it!! All I did was picked out the fabric!! My mom and dad paid for it-thanks!! And Melissa sewed it ALL!! The bumper pads, the bed skirt even the fitted sheet!! Yeah, she's amazing too!! She also sewed the quilt but I just realized there's not a picture of it. I will put on one later because it is gorgeous!! She quilted it by hand even! WOW!! I know!!
This is is little book shelf!! I refinished this WAY back in high school!! Who would have thought I'd use it for my child's room!! It is the perfect size though!!
And this is the glider. Since this picture I recovered the ottoman and it's attached! My mom and I made the curtains and the little pillow!! It was fun!! I'm not a seamstress though so it was nice to have help!! Celeste (my sister in law) redid the cushion covers. They turned out SO great!!! It's so nice to have talented family members who are so generous and willing to help us out!! Mike and I also spent a WHOLE saturday painting the room. I hated the green at first but now that there are things in the room it's growing on me!! It's so much fun!! We also got our stroller and car seat!! I'm feeling a little more prepared and ready for our little guy!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! That is such a cute room! Everything looks great! I'm so excited for Dallas to be here.

Jackie Sullivan said...

What a cute room! It's so fun getting ready for a new baby!

Aubrey said...

How cute! Great job!

Deb said...

The only thing missing is Dallas!

sk_skaggs said...

I love the room the crib bedding is so cute!! Im so excited for you!!

Jenny said...

That room looks fabulous! AH, I'm so excited for you guys!

Cal and Whit said...

So darling! That crib, the bedding, the curtains, everything. Such a cute little boys room. What a fun thing to do.

Duthries said...

His room looks great! The crib turned out awesome too. I'm in the process of trying to find one... Baby shopping can be quite overwhelming!