Friday, May 16, 2008

Random

So it's just been a while since I've posted anything so I thought I'd just put a few things on that are new until I get more picts taken! So...we love our house!! We love that it is ours and that we can do whatever we want to it!! I love walking through it and looking at everything knowing that it is all ours!!
So, I worked last Saturday and I came home to a freshly cut, weed free yard!!! Mike worked so hard and got it looking great!! While he was working in the yard our neighbor came over and told Mike that our sprinklers are getting her sand box wet... we have a fence so I thought "wow!! that is some good pressure to get the water clear over the fence!!!" So today I turned the sprinklers on. Before we moved in we were told that there was a drip system in the garden areas (close to the sand box). But there isn't, there is just a pipe that comes out of the ground that we can hook a drip system onto. This pipe doesn't have a cap on it, so when I turned the sprinklers on there was a fountain of water coming out!!! I flooded our garden area and the neighbors sand box...oops!!! We'll have to get a cap on that!!!!
I worked in the yard today (and got way sunburned) because their is a very large area for planting bushes and flowers...just too big! So we are going to tear up the cheap black plastic thing that separates the grass from the garden and put grass down. I worked on getting everything level and worked on our actual garden. We are growing strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini!! I love fresh fruits and veggies!! I hope it can grow in our rock infested soil!!!

4 comments:

Julie M. said...

I'm so missing my house! Enjoy every minute of it! We'll be in UT/ID Aug 9-16th so I'll give you a call!

Deb said...

I am excited to come and see what you have done. Thursday, maybe :)

Melissa said...

I can't wait to have tea party in your beautiful yard! Do you like working in it? Is your sprinkler system on a timer?

Mike and Kris said...

It is so much fun to work on our house!! It's completely different because you actually benefit from it!! I always just stand back from it all and just love to stare!! I can't wait to have a tea party too!! Hopefully soon!! And YES..the sprinklers are automatic!! It's so nice!