Tuesday, November 24, 2009

6 months and gratitude

Before I get into this post I wanted to note his measurements!! He is 16.10 lbs- 50th% and 29 inches-which is off the charts!! I can't believe my baby is 6 months!! I know all moms say that but when it's your own it's so real and crazy how quickly they grow up. I've been thinking a lot about Dallas and our little family and I get overwhelmed with emotion! It's amazing to me how much light and joy one little boy can bring to our lives! I remember about a year ago when we found out I was pregnant, we were very nervous. We didn't think he would survive. He is definitely a fighter and a huge blessing! Now our lives revolve around him! With every babble, smile, cry and squeal we realize how blessed we are. He is a very happy and healthy baby and for that I am very grateful for! I love every second of everyday with our family! I love the sad times and the happy times! I love the huge smile and the pouty lip cry! I love his cackling laugh and seeing him learn and take everything in around him! I love watching him imitate us! I love rocking him to sleep! I love his tantrums he throws and he arches his back to try to get away! I can't imagine anything better than being a mother to my sweet baby boy! He always brings a smile to my face!! He has such a fun personality and a great sense of humor! When we throw a blanket over his face he freezes, when we pull it off and say peekaboo he bursts out laughing!! I love him beyond words!! I love our family!!! I love watching Mike take care of and love Dallas!! They are such good friends! Dallas will sometimes watch the door and wait for Mike to walk in! It's the sweetest thing to see them play together!! I love my husband! He is so good for me and truely amazing!! I am greatful for him!! I love this time of year!! It's so great to really focus on what I have been blessed with in my life! It brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart! We are all blessed and can blessings in others lives!! I hope we all have a very happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Deb said...

** big smile **
He is a doll and we loved having you here. We are thankful for your cute little family, too.